Welcome

Simply put: I am attempting to create this blog which certainly is a challenge. In almost every other area of life's challenges, things seem to come easy for me, but with this blog, I have met my match.

Monday, August 6, 2007

When I was young (poem)

When I was young, my past was small
I had little concern for time at all
But as I grew, my past accrued
leaving memories to hang on to

Though each breath formed a larger past
my present seemed to always last
Many up and downs as I recall
following life's bouncing ball

Disguised as life's storage place
time passed by at a steady pace
Although always here, it never hung around
it simply came and went without a sound

Memories piling high and wide
testify that time slipped by
Memories to share, others to hide
some bring smiles, others make me cry

Many yesterdays have come and gone
for the present, I had no grip on
Yes, time swept me through many seasons
through carelessness then on to reason

In my youth, I had no mission
to what the future held, I did not listen
While time ushers in my older days
I knqw it was wasted in many ways

Bittersweet this endless thought
that who I was, I now am not
Though my present seemed to always last
now my future is smaller than my past

Much older now since I was small
with each breath delaying death's inevitable call
Though I have regrets, time served me well
for this simple truth is mine to tell

Soon I'll bid farewell to this time I've known
bidding farewell to all that I have sown
I have no fear beyond the grave
for by the grace of God I am saved

Hope fulfilled, with God I'll be
With him throughout eternity
I'll slip into His timeless zone
When this time leaves me all alone

copywrite 2002

No comments: